Happy Pancake Day!
Are you looking for the most easiest super-dooper pancake recipe ever??
Well, look no further because here’s one just for you!
This recipe makes 8 large round pancakes.
- 2 cups of S.R flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Simply place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk it together until you have a smooth batter that slightly bubbles when standing still.
- Optional: At this stage you’re welcome to stand the mixture for about an hour or two to allow the mixture to bubble, giving the pancake more of a fluffy texture when cooked. If you’re impatient – like me – get cooking straight away!!
- Place a 20cm fry pan on medium heat and prepare the surface with either butter or spray oil. Once hot, pour in a ladle full of batter, tilting the pan in a circle direction as you go. This will allow the batter to spread evenly to the sides of the pan.
- The pancake is ready to flip when little bubbles begin to break the surface and the bottom surface of the pancake is light brown colour – this usually takes about a minute or so.
- Using a spatula, carefully flip the pancake and cook for a further minute or until the bottom surface of the pancake is also light brown.
- Transfer the pancake to a warm plate and repeat last three steps until all of the batter is finished!
- Serve with fresh strawberries, oozy golden syrup and a sprinkle of sugar!
See, I told ya it was easy…