Sweet, buttery vanilla cookies…sounds good huh?
Using a very simple recipe from The Commonsense Cookery Book, I armed myself with my newly purchased Jamie Oliver Cookie Stamper and baked away!
Here is the recipe I used taken from The Commonsense Cookery Book.
Basic Biscuit Recipe (Vanilla)
- 125g butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- egg or milk for glazing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150-160C and prepare a few cookie pans with grease proof paper
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla
- Beat the egg slowly into the mixture until combined
- Add sifted flour and baking powder and mix into a soft dough
- Place dough on a floured board, knead lightly
- Divide mixture into two. Roll out one half and cut out circles/shapes with cookie cutters
- Place shapes onto the pre-prepared cookie pans – brush on glazing
- Repeat process with remaining dough
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until very light brown
- Allow to cool on the pan.